Strawberry S’more Tart
What’s at bottom of these showstoppers? A delicious Cheerios* crust! They’re so good, your family will be asking for s’more.
3 cups (750 mL) CHEERIOS* Original Cereal, finely crushed
1/4 cup (50 mL) butter, melted
2 tbsp (25 mL) sugar
10 oz (284 g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup (150 mL) whipping cream
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) thinly sliced strawberries
1/2 cup (125 mL) marshmallow cream
8 whole strawberries
1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). In small bowl, combine all crust ingredients; mix well. Press mixture in bottom of 9-inch (23 cm) tart pan with removable bottom or 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. If using tart pan, place on baking sheet for easier handling. Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
2. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat whipping cream until bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove from heat, add chocolate and stir until melted. Cook over low heat until all the chocolate is melted, stirring constantly. Cool 5 minutes or until lukewarm.
3. Place sliced strawberries in single layer in crust. Pour melted chocolate mixture over strawberries.
4. Place marshmallow cream in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on medium for 30 seconds or until softened. Stir just until smooth. Quickly drop marshmallow cream by spoonfuls over chocolate layer. With tip of knife, swirl marshmallow cream and chocolate to marble.
5. Arrange 8 strawberries evenly around edge of tart. To set chocolate, refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.